Sunday, March 25, 2012

Changes to my research plan




After meeting with my site supervisor, we decided to narrow my focus group to only those fifth graders who have been retained instead of all of the secondary students that have been retained. She wanted me to narrow it down based on ease of implementation. I will be following them through and determine the interventions that have been put into place for each of these students, decide if they are working or not, consider whether or not they are still at risk, track their discipline records before and after the retention, and try to come up with new interventions that work better for each students. I will refer back to our Campus Improvement Plan and our Needs Assessment to ensure we are following the path the district has put into place for the success of our school and students. After analyzing this, I will be able to develop the three top most areas of need as it pertains to retention and discipline, and develop a budget from it. I will also present on the difference between a social contract and classroom rules.

1 comment:

  1. I like your research about retention. I teach high school and a few of the students I work with have been held back. We hold students back due to grades not behavior the behavior I see is a sign of frustration of not understanding the information, or outside forces or other things. I look forward to following your research.

    ReplyDelete